- Relationships with students and families form the basis for a positive, safe, nurturing and respectful environment catering for the whole child.
- Learning is challenging, engaging, motivating, relevant and provides opportunities for each child to succeed.
- Teaching is explicit and includes effective modelling, differentiation and reflection to improve teaching impact
- Leadership is shared and is focused for students, staff and the community.
- Resources are targeted to reflect current research, educational best practice, integrating technology and involving the whole community.
Our Ethos and Culture
Since its inception, the school has had a defining set of values. These are known as the Seven Cs.
- COMMON SENSE
These values are at the very core of the school. If children leave school with a basic understanding of these seven values they will enhance their prospects in life. The Seven Cs are displayed throughout the school and form the basis of conduct by staff, students and parents.
In addition, we have our STAR – Sensible, Thoughtful, Achieving and Respectful. The STAR is used to decribe the expectations for students, parents and staff.