To enrol at Ocean Reef you will need to complete the Application for Enrolment form. The following information is also essential and must be provided at the time of enrolment.
- Birth certificate;
- Identity documents;
- Proof of address;
- Immunisation certificate;
- Court orders if applicable;
- Emergency contact details;
- Details of any disability;
- Any ongoing medical condition and procedure to be followed during the school day.
In 2013, Pre-Primary became compulsory and for the first time all children are guaranteed places in their local schools.
Who Needs to Enrol
You need to enrol children in school for 2022 if they are:
- Kindergarten: Born between 1st July 2017 – 30th June 2018
- Pre-Primary: Born between 1st July 2016 – 30th June 2017
If your child is currently enrolled in Kindergarten you will need to re-enrol them for 2021 for their next year of schooling. Once children are attending Pre-Primary there is no further re-enrolling to do in future years. Applications for kindergarten enrolment close on the Friday of week 1, term 3 each year.
If a child is not a permanent resident of Australia, we would need to see the following in addition to the documents listed above:
- Child’s passport and travel documents
- Evidence of date of entry into Australia
- Visa (including three digit visa subclass number). Some visa subclasses allow for automatic enrolment, however some visas require a fee to be paid to the school.
Download the intake area map
Download an editable pdf application for enrolment form
|8:30am||In classroom, prepare for lesson start|
|8:44am||Siren to signal the start of the school day|
|1:10pm||Commence lunch play|
Children are asked NOT to arrive at school before 8.15am as adequate supervision cannot be provided. If circumstances require that children arrive at school before 8.15am, parents are asked to write a note to the school. Before 8.15am all children must stay within the quadrangle area outside the back of admin block. The cabins are open from 8:30am and students are encouraged to spend some time getting ready for the school day with their class mates.
Children should be collected promptly at the end of the school day. Staff often have meetings and training sessions to attend immediately after school. If you are late please instruct your child to report to the Bridge and wait there till you arrive. This saves panic when parents are late and ensure children are in a safe place until you arrive.